PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
The Tower is located within easy walking distance of several mainline stations including:
• 10-15 mins from London Bridge Station
• 20 min from Liverpool Street Station
• 25 mins from London Charring Cross Station
You can also travel by river boat. Tower Pier is served by river boats travelling from various piers including Westminster and London Eye, and is located next to the Tower entrance.
London Underground and trains
Tower Hill station (5-minute walk) – served by the District and Circle lines.
Tower Hill station has step-free access to street level.
Nearby stations (10 to 15-minute walk) – Aldgate, Aldgate East, Tower Gateway, Monument, Bank, London Bridge, Fenchurch Street.
Routes 15, 42, 78, 100, and RV1 stop nearby the Tower of London.
All major sightseeing bus tours in London pass by the Tower of London.
If you’re travelling by public transport, please remember wearing a face covering is compulsory.
Other Transport Options
Tower Hill is a vehicle free zone and there is no on-site parking, though there are cycle racks and a cycle route nearby. The Tower is located within the Congestion Charging Zone.
Cycle to the Tower
Bicycle racks can be found behind the Tower of London shop. An East-West Cycle Superhighway passes Tower Hill tube station.
Please note that cycling is not permitted in the pedestrianised areas of the Wharf and Tower Hill. Bicycles attached to railings in the Wharf may be removed without notice.
nearby Car Parks
• Tower Hill Coach and Car Park (2-minute walk), 50 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6DT. Tower Hill Coach and Car Park is fully accessible with allocated bays for Blue Badge holders.
• Minories Car Park (10-minute walk), 1 Shorter Street, London, E1 8LP.
An interactive map, produced by the City of London, shows Blue Badge parking bays in the local area